SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accountant for Destination El Paso. The position is responsible for assisting in the daily activities of the accounting function and assists the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager.
• Assist in accounts payable processing including expense code review, data entry and check printing
• Reconcile Food & Beverage Sales Receipts and Deposits and post to accounting system.
• Prepare and remit invoices.
• Reviews check deposit batch and daily bank deposits.
• Reconcile daily credit card batches with on-line statements and post batches in the Billing System and General Ledger.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of assigned Trust accounts. Research all reconciling items and propose adjusting entries.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and propose adjusting entries.
• Assists with event settlements.
• Reconcile assigned revenue accounts monthly.
• Serves as substitute for Payroll processing as needed.
• Perform other general accounting duties and special projects as determined by the Accounting Manager or Finance Director.
• College degree required; major in business, finance, or accounting preferred
• Three years of accounting or bookkeeping work experience preferred
• Excellent math skills and attention to details
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to function in a fast pace environment, work under pressure and adapt to a large workload
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and other department staff
• Team player a must
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software and be willing to learn and use accounting and financial reporting software.
• PEACHTREE (SAGE50) preferred.
• Strong computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as hard copy output. In addition, regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
NOTE:The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
**ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. **