Special Events and Sponsorship Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages reoccurring events on behalf of Destination El Paso, for example Alfresco Fridays, Cool Canyon Nights, Viva El Paso, Movies in the Canyon, Sun City Craft Beer Festival, Oktobeerfest, and the Broadway in El Paso Broadway Series.
- Leads teams of staff in creating new high-engagement special events.
- Acts as a primary contact from Destination El Paso for events that are
- co-produced with outside entities.
- Cultivates relationships with local businesses that may be potential sponsors, vendors, or subscribers to our special events.
- Creates sponsorship opportunities for special events, and cultivates, procures, and manages sponsors.
- Sell and manage venue sponsorship and naming opportunities.
- Acts as creative director and manages logistics for special events including but not limited to entertainment, vendors, layouts, staffing, volunteers, branding and coordination between departments.
- Leads preparatory meetings for upcoming events, creating timelines, agendas, and deadlines for the event and internal departments.
- Oversees a budget with targeted revenue and expense goals for special events.
- Assists with creating and implementing marketing plans, promotions, and public relations initiatives for special events.
- Works within the guidelines set forth in ASM’s Management Credo.
- Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong proof-reading.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Financial competence, ability to manage a budget, Profit/Loss responsibility.
- Ability to effectively supervise and motivate staff.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to handle client meetings and speak in front of groups.
- Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and Illustrator design experience a plus.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Marketing, Public Relations or related field preferred. At least two years previous experience with event management, including logistics and sponsorship procurement preferred.
- Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
- Significant standing and walking for long periods at special events, including outdoor events in local weather.
- Ability/licensed to drive automobile.
- Ability to move frequently between various buildings/venues daily.
- Ability to routinely sit, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data or writing with a pen/pencil and paper for over 60 minutes at a time.
- Ability to rad printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
Hours of Work/Travel Requirements/Environment/Conditions
- Office hours-Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM (varies with season and event needs).
- Frequent additional hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, flexible schedule required.
- This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.