Hotel Convention Sales Manager
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Included but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the solicitation of group business specifically for El Paso area hotels with a primary focus on securing hotel room nights for the city.
• Manage accounts in and continue to grow computerized database of planners with the intent to initiate communication, and receive, answer, and respond to inquiries or provide other assistance.
• Utilize the department’s database to maintain accurate and detailed records of prospects, leads, new business, sales calls, existing client interaction, and group servicing activity.
• Prospect new events and make contact with planners via various methods to include but not limited to telephone calls, letters and email correspondence.
• Utilize state and national meeting/event databases and association memberships to identify potential clients and to keep up to date with meeting and convention activity. • Conduct direct sales efforts through targeted sales missions, sales calls, and participation in trade shows designed to reach planners in an effort to collect Request for Proposals (RFP) and respond accordingly. Responsible for appropriate and timely follow up.
• Develop custom proposals and bid presentations as a response to RFPs addressing client specifications for hotel accommodations, transportation requirements, and site location for meetings and conventions. • Research and develop themes for “packaging” El Paso to both groups and visitors. Organize package contents and create design for package presentation with the assistance of the Director of Convention Development. • Entertain clients as appropriate during hospitality suite events, receptions, site visits and familiarization tours. • Develop relationships and build partnerships with local businesses, attractions, and hotels relative to El Paso’s hospitality industry and maintain an accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the inventory/capabilities of area hotels and effectively uses this knowledge as a sales tool. • Produce monthly sales report for Director of Convention Development, including minimum number of sales calls per days as directed. Also produce detailed wrap reports at the conclusion of each travel mission or sales trip. • Meet or exceed quantifiable goals for calls made, leads generated, and business confirmed determined by Director of Convention Development on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Manage respective clients from initial contact through the conclusion of the event as well as assist with the follow-up of the post-event evaluation and next bidding opportunity.
• Represent Destination El Paso/Visit El Paso at conferences such as Connect Marketplace, Small Market Meetings, PCMA or other organizations/associations as directed. • Perform related duties as required.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Position requires the ability to:
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both in an oral and written form. • Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur. • Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, customers, employees and others encountered in the course of employment. • Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. • Develop and apply creative approaches to promote convention activity for El Paso under deadlines to meet sales goals; communicate effectively, both in oral and written form such as when making sales and informational presentations before groups of various sizes or diverse demographics, and when responding to common inquires or complaints from clients or members of the community. • Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. • Experience in advertising or digital marketing? • Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically. • Demonstrate ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: College education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS This section contains information on working conditions out of the ordinary such as • Office environment • Some out of state and intra-state travel required. Physical Demands
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output. In addition, this position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time and regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.