Assistant Manager El Paso Water Parks
The Assistant Manager assists the Manager in the daily operations of one of four water parks including staffing, cash management, customer service, aquatic operations, retail, concessions, food & beverage, and private party operations. Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
El Paso has been recognized as a Top Performing City (Governing and Living Cities, 2017), Best Large Cities for Families (Apartment List, Jan 2017), America’s Top 20 Best Value Cities (Trivago, 2016), 4th Best Place to Live if you Love the Outdoors (US News, July 2016) and #2 Safest City in America (SafeWise, Aug 2017)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Leads the daily operations to ensure the water parks are running according to Destination El Paso operating procedures.
• Under the direction of the Water Park Manager assists in managing 80-100 staff members to ensure high productivity, excellent performance, and positive employee satisfaction.
• Assists in scheduling of staff and posted in a timely fashion.
• Along with water park manager, assist in facilitating in service training programs for safety and customer service.
• Ensure all client and company policies are being enforced by staff.
• Remain current in required and voluntary certifications and training.
• Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all State, Local and ASM health and safety regulations.
• Ensures proper maintenance of the facility.
• Ensures a safe guest and employee environment by actively being out in the water park to observe, identify, and rectify any hazards or issues.
• Responsible for addressing any guest or employee concerns.
• Responsible for all cash handling and reconciling end of day sales and reporting.
• On Duty Manager as assigned.
• Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training all seasonal and part time staff.
• Assists in overseeing the following: Ticketing, Retail, Food & Beverage, Guest Services, Lifeguards, Water Park Maintenance, Security, and Emergency Management.
• Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by providing a friendly, fun, and safe environment.
• Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
• Attend monthly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Occasional travel for industry conferences, meetings, trainings, and prospective clients.
• Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally on the aquatics and management field.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, vendors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software as well other facility software.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Ability to speak effectively before a group.
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
Minimum Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED-College Education preferred.
• Previous Aquatics and /or Waterparks experience preferred.
• Minimum of two years of customer service experience.
• Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
• Current Ellis & Associates (or equivalent) lifeguard/instructor certification preferred or able to attain certification upon hire.
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatics facility Operator (AFO) certification preferred.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the facilities for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to bend routinely and repetitively to lift 20lbs or less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs.
• Ability to travel via air and auto required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.