**Essential Duties and Responsibilities **
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist the Finance Department in its day-to-day activities
• Key data into accounting software for A/P, A/R, payroll, and general journal entries.
• Coding and posting vendor invoices, billing, and distributing invoices.
• Record customer payments; checks, cash, and/or credit card transactions
• Record and post sales from various facility functions, ie. Parking, Food & Beverage Concessions, Box Office ticket sales, Water Park activity and any other revenue sources.
• Assist in preparation of accounts receivable process including payment processing and preparation of invoices.
• Assist in Review of Accounts Receivable Aging for timely collection
• Preparation of check deposit batch and make daily bank deposit.
• Prepare accounts payable checks and match with corresponding invoice and purchase request forms.
• Process Purchase Orders and follow ASM Procurement Policy
• Assist accounting staff with administrative duties as necessary. Copying, filing, scanning materials
o Prepare customer invoices for mailing
o Prepare A/P checks for mailing
• Maintain event files to include: entering of customer to accounting system, assigning of job code, preparation of event file.
• Organizes and maintains filing system, files correspondence and other accounting records.
• Assist accounting staff in preparation of monthly financial statements.
• Perform bank reconciliations.
• Resolves credit card charge backs.
• Completes assigned sections of the monthly close by the specified deadline.
• Communicates with accounting staff regarding status of projects, workload and concerns in the department on a daily basis.
• Assist in the preparation of audit schedules.
• Assist Staff Accountant, Accounting Manager and Director of Finance as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to multitask, work independently and pay close attention to detail. Computer literate in Word and Excel. Experience in accounting, preferably using Sage Accounting software. Excellent customer service is essential.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, tenants, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information. Understand and apply standard accounting principles, financial control procedures, computerized accounting systems/software, and financial management preferred.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
• Strong computer skills
• Monday through Friday office hours with potential weekends, evenings and holidays as needed during special events
Education and Work Experience
• Associate Degree or higher in accounting, business or finance preferred or equivalent accounting experience. Must pass a clean background and credit check.
• One (1) to two (2) years of comprehensive working knowledge of accounting office/clerical practices.
**Physical Demands **
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output. In addition, this position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time and regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. ** ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. **