ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answers and transfers/directs all incoming calls; takes phone messages as appropriate
• Remains current with visitor and event information; responds to inquiries
• Remains current with emergency protocols related to visitors, call handling, and notifications to Security and Public Safety
• Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person; responds to inquiries; announces visitors per protocol
• Maintains visitor entry log
• Ensures 100% reception area and switchboard phone coverage during business hours
• Schedules all Plaza Theater tours, schedules tour docents and maintains attendance records
• Supports the administrative and clerical needs of the executive office as directed
• Responsible for payroll check distribution to employees under direction of human resources
• Processes all in-coming mail for the organization per protocol and delivers as required
• Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal business hours as required
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Extensive administrative experience strongly preferred, to include proper phone and in person etiquette
• Advanced oral and written communication skills
• Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility
• Results oriented individual with the ability to meet requirements of position
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skill
• Ability and flexibility to undertake and complete multiple tasks
• Excellent computer skills; basic math and financial skills for reporting and evaluation
• Able to operate various computer software packages necessary to complete assignments, specifically MS office
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Minimum 1 to 2 years work experience
Bilingual (English-Spanish) Preferred
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for aver 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
• Communicate by telephone for up to 30 minutes at a time daily.
• Stand several times a day for up to five minutes to operate photocopier / scanner.
• Daily lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time.
• Daily standing for up to 15 minutes at a time operating office equipment such as scanner, printer or photocopier.
• See and distinguish objects or symbols as 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less. Depth perception, peripheral vision and bringing objects into focus.
• Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
• Climbing ladders and staircases multiple times per day as needed to pick stock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as hard copy output. In addition, regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply, VEVRAA Federal Contractor