Parking Lead Cashier
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Train parking staff in established facility and company- wide policies and procedures to include but not limited to; enforcing personnel rules and regulations, standards of conduct and work attendance, safe work practice enforcement, proper use of equipment and technology, proper garage use, required maintenance of all facilities and securing of all parking facilities • Maintain positive public relations and act as liaison for the department presenting a favorable image of the department and the organization as a whole • Handles customer complaints and inquiries • Provide general tourist and event information or other routine information to patrons and general public • Financial responsibility for strict procedures and controls of all monies received to include but not limited to: accuracy in cashier sales, proper reconciliation of sales with ticket inventory sold by each cashier, proper preparation and verification of daily deposits, scrutiny for determent of cash shortages or losses. • Audit of prior day’s activity to include but not limited to: correlation of cash recorded to cashier sales, car counts, ticket sales, car storage, monthly parking, special parking, parking rates, deposit and drop and overview of accuracy of Parking Report. • Ensure compliance and provide required reporting and billing with land lease agreements, parking agreements, and other agreements as applicable to parking operations and developing contract parking agreements • Monitor parking staff to ensure proper ingress and egress of traffic during events including periodic patrolling of parking areas to deter theft and vandalism • Formulates short and long-range plans for departmental regulations and improvements • Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies and equipment • Provides general maintenance and upkeep of parking equipment • Perform various clerical tasks to include but not limited to: sort and organize files, good record keeping, daily reconciliation and verification of change fund, prepare daily activity reports on computer, inventory of assigned ticket stock, supplies, and staff leave requests.
Directly supervises employees in the Parking Department including full-time and part-time cashiers and parking attendants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. ** EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE **
• Working knowledge of parking operations and automated parking systems preferred • Experience in general office work, supervision of financial operations and transactions, including one year cash handling experience. • Good knowledge of cleaning methods, procedures, materials, tools and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES Minimal knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise initiative and independent judgment to determine work methods or approaches to work situations for the types of events anticipated at the facility • Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule • Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment. • Ability to work with the public and professionally handle confrontational situations • Ability to effectively supervise staff • Strong customer service skills • Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form. • Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facilities (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving and moderate to loud noises • Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing and sweeping machines • Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays • Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic • High level of skill in counting cash accurately and handling large volumes of cash • Ability to administer and ensure compliance of contractual obligations • Able to perform profit/loss analysis • Ability to operate computer controlled automated parking system, basic troubleshooting, creation of reports, activation/deactivation of authorized parking users and groups • Being able to communicate in Spanish is beneficial • Must be able to pass a background and credit check. Credit must be in good standing
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid driver’s license from the State of Texas is required ** WORKING ENVIRONMENT**
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Considerable amount of walking, climbing, stooping and possibly heavy lifting • Exposure to both indoor/outdoor settings, adverse weather conditions, moving vehicles, and moderate noise
• Computer knowledge and use of Microsoft Office components such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
**NOTE: ** This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0630
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.