ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a General Manager at Destination El Paso featuring nationally recognized venues including: El Paso Convention Center, Abraham Chavez Theatre, Plaza Theatre Performing Arts Centre, McKelligon Canyon Amphitheater.
El Paso has been recognized as a El Paso Top 15 Under-the-Radar-Cities to Live in Texas Orchard; May 2021); El Paso Ranks #2 Zoomtown USA: America’s Best Cities for Remote Workers (Ownerly; March 2021); El Paso Ranks #4 Best Place to Live When You Can Work From Anywhere (Bank Rate, January 2021); El Paso Ranks Among the Top 20 Most Livable Cities in the Nation (Smart Asset, December 2020); and El Paso Ranks 5th Safest Large US City (Advisor Smith, June 2020).
Responsible for overall management, promotion, and operation of the facilities, including purchasing, booking, marketing, finance, human resources, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, production, maintenance, parking, and related operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains active contact with the Client/Contract Administrator. Monitors ASM compliance with all provisions of the services contract.
• Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its utilization.
• Negotiates lease agreements as determined necessary and in the best interests of the facility.
• Negotiates contracts and agreements with event organizers, hosts, managers, and agents.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Client/Contract Administrator, tenants, government departments and agencies, entertainment/convention industry, community, and civic organizations to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
• Coordinates facility involvement with Convention and Visitors Bureau, as well as other appropriate destination marketing agencies.
• Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include: matters of training and development; quality assurance; energy efficiency; safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management procedures, or other areas as needed.
• Develops and implements facility goals in accordance with the management contract, the Client’s objectives, corporate policy, and good business practice.
• Prepares and maintains required and necessary reports/records for the Client/Contract Administrator and for the Corporate Office.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
• Assists and coordinates with the development of the annual operating calendar, activity schedules, and projections for attendance and/or revenue.
• Conducts marketing, budgeting, and weekly staff meetings.
• Directs the development and administers the execution of operating and marketing financial plans and documents; to include operating revenue and expense budgets; capital expense plans and budgets.
• Provides for control of day-to-day operations; assuring the coordination of plans, programs, and events; conducts post-event operational and financial review and analysis.
• Provides final approval of all contracts and agreements with suppliers, promoters, and tenants for necessary activities and services at the facility.
• Provides or coordinates for timely and effective response to directives and requests received from internal and external organizations, agencies, departments, and individuals; assures and maintains the integrity of the facility and ASM Global in all forms of communication and personal contacts.
• Oversees and advises Human Resources on any necessary revisions/modifications to the staffing plans, including number and types of employees, essential functions, salaries, and benefits.
• Assures the administration of personnel and the operation of plant and facilities are conducted in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
• Evaluates facility practices and recommends improvements to better reflect the needs of the Client and the facility, and/or to improve the efficiency and safety of operations, in compliance with ASM policies and procedures.
• Responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating administrative and supervisory staff.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the tenants, employees, union representatives and the general public.
- Manages subordinate Directors and Managers who supervise employees in the Finance, Marketing, Operations, Food & Beverage Departments, or other facility departments.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration or related fields facility of comparable size and description or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in contract negotiation, business law, purchasing procedures, and supervising personnel-
- Experience in labor relations and union contracts, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability
• Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
• Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices used in the successful management of entertainment or convention facilities of a similar description
• Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action.
• Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry
• Considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations and event planning
• Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state, or local laws and regulation Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the meeting, convention, and entertainment industry
• Basic knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management
• Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resource and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions
• Ability to manage facilities of same size and type
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some knowledge of computers; knowledge of spreadsheets and Word Processing and standard office equipment is helpful.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hour as needed
• Must have professional attitude and appearance
• Some travel required
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor