Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in developing work plans including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
• Supervises event locations to ensure consistency in all areas, client satisfaction and quality control standards; including presentation of items in the concession stands.
• Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
• Works within guidelines for food and labor costs. Ensures safe work practices.
• Monitors and assists all beverage controls with cost and labor analysis during all events.
• Responsible for managing catering and bar equipment.
• Oversees and trains performance of retail operations staff.
• Assists with overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of concessions and front of house staff.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM GLOBAL’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees: planning, assigning, and directing work: appraising performance.
• Rewarding: disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Responsible for accurate and detailed alcohol inventory and all applicable laws and policies.
• Attends weekly BEO and management meetings; contributes information regarding F&B events.
• Supervises closing and opening of F&B shifts.
• Works extended /irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Understand and assist in maintaining budgeted goal
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in management level position in Restaurant/Beverage training or equivalent combination of education and experience through catering.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as BEO’s, Work Orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must know off-site catering principles.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software, and have the capacity to learn new programs as needed.
• Strong hospitality orientation.
• Good work ethic.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
• Attention to detail.
• LEAD or ServSMART Certified preferred.
• Must have current New Mexico Alcohol Server Certificate.
• Must have ability to work a varied and flexible shift.
• Must have the ability to comply and implement all Standard Operating Procedures.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
NOTE:The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training. This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628 ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor