Part-time Safety & Security Officer El Paso Waterparks
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct.
- Provide customer service to guests, vendors, participants, and colleagues.
- Ensure assigned park is manned 24/7 and perform activities that include but are not limited to: secure all doors/gates, provide information, sign in visitors, etc.
- Monitor, dispatch/ respond to fire alarms and other emergencies while communicating effectively.
- Conduct patrols to ensure the safety of guests, vendors, participants, staff, and property.
- Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
- Verify emergency exit clearance to exit doors and fire escape ladders.
- Assist management team in performing loss prevention and loss control duties.
- Responsible for accurate communication with management and maintenance team to ensure all pump rooms, and facilities are intact and operating correctly. Report any abnormalities noticed during rounds.
- Provide excellent customer service when required, with a friendly attitude.
- Possess good understanding of parks rules, policies, and procedures, and being able to communicate these to our guests.
- Responsible for keeping record of daily activities reports and documenting incident reports, preventive maintenance performed, inspections, deliveries, etc.
- Report employees in violation of ASM Global’ s conduct policies.
- Escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
- Respond to and assist with crowd control inside parks and parking areas.
- Escort/assist Site Managers when handling large sums of money.
- Assist other departments in need to accomplish event expectations or company’s objectives.
- Provide shift/ event reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires physical ability to move around facility grounds and buildings.
- May require operation of motor vehicle.
- May be exposed to physical confrontations.
- Indoors and outdoors working conditions.
- Standing for long periods of time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma/GED, or equivalent 1 year experience.
- Computer knowledge and typing skills.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and training in First Aid/ CPR (training provided).
- Current knowledge/certification in crowd control, fire suppression, and emergency preparedness preferred.
- Security license through DPS preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
*NOTE: **This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
* ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor