Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct vehicle and foot traffic into, within, and out of parking garage
- Collect parking fees, issue receipts and/ or refunds in a timely manner
- Complete all necessary reports/documentation involved with reconciliation of all monies collected
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with guests, coworkers and clients
- Provide information to guests on hours of operation, daily, event, monthly and long-term parking, and general information about our surrounding areas.
- Monitor area for safety hazards, pedestrians walking on vehicle ramps, oil/ water spills, etc.
- Address/ report garage etiquette violations
- Report employees in violation of ASM Global’s conduct policies
- Place and document vehicle boots
- Work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation: Office, booths, walkways, parking lot/ garage, elevators, restrooms and trash bins
- Utilize and maintain hand and mechanical brushing, sweeping and moping equipment
- Assist other departments in need to accomplish event expectations or company’s objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in cash handling.
- Demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Calculate mathematical computations and handle cash transactions rapidly and accurately.
- Communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
- Operate calculators and standard office equipment as needed.
High School diploma, GED or experience in money transactions. Good knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to write legibly; ability to tactfully handle irate citizens; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public. Must pass background.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor.