Careers « view all careers
Visitors Services Manager
Under general supervision of the Director of Tourism the Visitors Services Manager is responsible for the management of the Visitor Information Centers and directly and indirectly providing information and education services to visitors, military families, local and regional communities and the hospitality industry so they can increase their leisure activities in Destination El Paso thereby enhancing the positive image of the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling and supervision of all visitor center staff.
• Responsible for the overall management of all Visitor Information Centers.
• Manage the operation of the gift shop including buying, pricing, merchandising, inventory, financial records and reporting.
• Ensure that the centers are well maintained, stocked with brochures, products, and other informational materials.
• Administer the setup of special educational, social, and cultural events; and attend to the needs of daily visitors.
• Responsible for the conducting and administering subordinate’s annual employee evaluations.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners to include businesses, attractions, and hotels.
• Responsible for researching and representing Visit El Paso in area, regional, and state-wide travel shows.
• Development and execution of the Ambassador Program.
• Coordinate with the Servicing Department on orders for all required uniforms and ensure uniform policy is being followed.
• Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area; act as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
• Ensure that all inquiries from mail, email, walk-in and telephone receive prompt and courteous responses and input inquiries into database
• Prepare reports for senior management and attend meetings with a variety of people, including senior managers, and tourism businesses.
• Publicize the center’s services and assist with the marketing of other local attractions.
• Develop programming to increase visitations to the visitor information centers.
• Manage Amigo Man’s schedule, appearances and social media interactions.
• Maintain up to date information on the website and app
• Assist in familiarization tours, conventions, and travel writer visits.
• Conduct tours for potential prospects relocating to the area.
• Represents Visit El Paso on Heritage and Cultural committees/boards.
• Responsible for marketing the Visit El Paso app throughout the city.
• Experience in sales and / or the travel and tourism industries
• Creative and detail-oriented
• Able and willing to travel frequently
• Good organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Spanish preferred but not required.
• Must have valid driver’s license
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Two or four-year degree from an academic institution in marketing, business or tourism and/or two years related experience
• Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift a approximately 40 lbs.
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for average of 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor