Careers « view all careers
Visitor Information Manager
Upload Application: Click here to upload your resume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling and supervision of all visitor center staff and interns.
• Responsible for the overall management of all Visitor Information Centers.
• Ensure that the centers are well maintained, stocked with brochures, products, and other informational materials.
• Administer the setup of special educational, social, and cultural events; and attend to the needs of daily visitors.
• Responsible for the conducting and administering subordinates annual employee evaluations.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners to include, businesses, attractions, and hotels.
• Responsible for researching and representing of Visit El Paso in area, regional, and state wide travel shows.
• Development and execution of the Ambassador Program.
• Production of a monthly newsletter sharing activity and events in El Paso area.
• Coordinate with the Servicing Department on orders for all required uniforms and ensure uniform policy is being followed.
• Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area; act as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
• Ensure that all inquiries from mail, email, walk-in and telephone receive prompt and courteous responses and input inquiries into Inquiry +.
• Prepare reports for senior management and attend meetings with a variety of people, including senior managers, and tourism businesses.
• Publicize the center’s services and assisting with the marketing of other local attractions.
• Produce guides and other marketing literature.
• Develop programming to increase visitations to the visitor information centers
• Manage Amigo Man’s schedule, appearances and social media interactions
• Maintain Master Calendar website and app and continue to improve the process
• Assist in familiarization tours, conventions, and travel writer visits
• Conduct tours for potential prospects relocating to the area
• Serve on committees represent the tourism industry
• Responsible for marketing the Visit El Paso app throughout the city
• Two or four-year degree from an academic institution in marketing, business or tourism and/or two years related experience
• Experience in sales and / or the travel and tourism industries
• Creative and detail-oriented
• Able and willing to travel frequently
• Good organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Spanish preferred but not required.
• Must have valid driver’s license
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for aver 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor
This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
Emilio Velez, HR Manager
Destination El Paso
1 Civic Center Plaza
El Paso, TX 79901
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-