Careers « view all careers
Under general supervision, acts as a shift supervisor overseeing the event crew, full time, part-time staff and subcontract labor employees who clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks and are often heavy in nature requiring a high degree of physical exertion.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and participate in all aspects of the conversion process for events. Duties may include setting-up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
• Oversee personnel and perform various duties to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash to proper disposal areas.
• Direct and assist staff with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
• Must have the ability to read and understand layouts and measure the floor accurately.
• Train new hires part-time or full-time employees or subcontracted services in the proper use of equipment.
• Must enforce all policies and procedures of the facility.
• Must be able to discipline all personnel when proper procedures are not met.
• Inspect the completion of all full-time and part-time staff of their assigned tasks to guarantee all specifications are met.
• Monitor all clock-ins/outs for lunch and assigned breaks when placed in charged.
• Perform repairs and maintenance tasks.
• Participate in the execution of life safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor or manager.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including night, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Review daily assignments and special projects.
• Inspect completed work to determine that it meets acceptable requirements.
• Issue supplies and equipment. Order all necessary inventories of equipment and supply.
• Must be able to operate a forklift and scissor-lift.
• Must have the knowledge or be able to operate a tenant machine or any other type of scrubber machine.
• Must be able to work on elevated areas.
• Must be able to perform other duties assigned.
• Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carry moving and climbing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility and proper use and care of hand power tools.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED and one (1) to three (3) years related experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. I understand that my duties are subject to change.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor