Part Time Graphic Designer
The Graphic Design Coordinator is a part- time position responsible for creating a range of marketing, advertising, creative, web and public relations projects with direction from the Advertising & Marketing Manager. The Coordinator will work off a production queue, deadlines and will carry out tasks to include art design, layout, editing, and proofreading to support the sales of meetings, conventions, tradeshows and special events for Destination El Paso’s Convention Center, Visit El Paso and El Paso Live, El Paso Water Parks, Abraham Chavez Theater, The Historic Plaza Theatre, and McKelligon Canyon.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Produce accurate and high-quality work in a timely manner
• Think creatively to produce new ideas with direction from the Advertising & Marketing Manager
• Use innovation to redefine a design and meet the constraints of cost and time
• Use a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design
• Keep abreast of developments in software and technology
• Execute projects assigned by manager for internal and external purposes that include but are not limited to print, television, radio, and online advertisements; web site development; collateral materials
• Work directly with Advertising & Marketing manager and agency on photo shoots, video creation, print ads, interactive media as well as any other marketing materials that may be needed.
• Assist in the procurement of promotional materials to fulfill Visit El Paso staff needs.
• Responsible for the design and layout of ads to be used in publications to publicize the facility and/or special events.
• 2 - 3 years’ experience in a Graphic Designer role
• Familiarity with the principles and best practices of design is essential to be effective within this position.
• Image editing skills including resizing, adjusting, and image optimizing is a foundational skillset for this position.
• Creative skills with the ability to make designs from the scratch
• Have good knowledge of corporate branding, digital media, and color theory
• Expert knowledge across Adobe Creative Suite with preferred expertise in Adobe XD, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong typography and compositional skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
• Ability to learn & adapt quickly and to take direction from others
• Ability to work on and prioritize tasks for multiple projects
• A portfolio highlighting mastery in graphic design across multiple mediums
• Strong proofreading skills and ability to examine typography text elements are free of errors and have impactful legibility.
• Graphic design skills, layout skills, creative services, customer focus, creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, desktop publishing tools, acute vision, handles rejection.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint Mac, and PC platform.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with others.
• Detail-oriented, inventive, expert, and practical approach to creative work.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines simultaneously and work under pressure.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and public.
• Must be able to operate a variety of vehicles and poses a valid Texas driver’s license.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment, including typewriter, copy machine and fax machine.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education & Work Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design.
• Minimum 2 years in graphic design role.
• Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time.
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
This position is currently remote with the intent to move to an office environment post COVID-19 restriction.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.