Lifeguard El Paso Water Parks
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for lifeguards. The El Paso Water Park lifeguards are responsible for providing a safe recreational environment by ensuring guests follow water park policies and responding to any emergencies in a timely manner. Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
El Paso has been recognized as a Top Performing City (Governing and Living Cities, 2017), Best Large Cities for Families (Apartment List, Jan 2017), America’s Top 20 Best Value Cities (Trivago, 2016), 4th Best Place to Live if you Love the Outdoors (US News, July 2016) and #2 Safest City in America (SafeWise, Aug 2017)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Enforce all rules and regulations.
• Provide needed supervision to prevent accidents.
• Responsible for the care and maintenance of issued equipment.
• Participate in service training programs for safety, customer service at all water park facilities.
• Keep the water park areas clear of dangerous objects and substances.
• Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
• Immediately report needed repairs to the site supervisor and or manager.
• Present a favorable, professional public image.
• Perform related duties as assigned by site supervisor and or manager. Duties may include, but are not limited to, general housekeeping, general maintenance, inspection of equipment and aquatic features within the park.
• Assist in opening, closing, and operating of the facility as directed by management.
• Complete all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
• Assist in maintaining pools by brushing, skimming, vacuuming, scrubbing, etc. as required.
• Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by providing a friendly, fun, safe environment.
• Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
• Attend monthly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Recognize and respond effectively to all emergency situations and complete incident reports
• Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally on the aquatics and management field.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• Must be 16 years or older.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
• Must be able to swim, perform water activities and rescues.
• Must be able to swim 50 yards (front crawl or breaststroke), swim under water for 10 feet, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from bottom of a pool (shallow water).
• Must be able to swim 200 yards (front crawl or breaststroke), tread water for 2 minutes with hands out of the water and retrieve a 10-pound brick from the deepest part of the pool (deep water).
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, vendors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Current Ellis & Associates (or equivalent) lifeguard certification preferred or able to attain certification upon hire.
• Recognizes an emergency and takes appropriate action.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must successfully complete the Jeff Ellis & Associates training program.
Minimum Education & Experience
• Working towards a High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Minimum age -16 years old.
• Ability to Swim.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the facilities for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to bend routinely and repetitively to lift 20lbs or less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs.
Ability to travel via air and auto required
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.