Guest Services Supervisor El Paso Water Parks
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for Guest Services Supervisor. Guest Services are responsible for welcoming our guests and setting the tone for a positive and fun environment for all to enjoy! Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcomes guests to El Paso Waterparks in a warm friendly manner.
- Oversees daily operation of the guest services department.
- Assists in coordination of department schedules.
- Ability to problem solve and react quickly to guests needs.
- Complete daily tasks and checks lists regarding cash handling, opening, and closing procedures.
- Ensures Guest Services employees rotation and breaks are done efficiently.
- Explain various ticket and season pass purchase options and stay up to date with ticket prices, park operation and policies.
- Initiates conversation with guests, maintaining proper eye contact and providing relevant information regarding attractions, park information, and special events.
- Oversee the daily operation for birthday parties, Cabana Rentals, or any Special Groups or events.
- Responsible for cash/credit card handling and end of day reconciliation of all admissions and retail sales and Food & Beverage.
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of issued equipment.
- Participate in service training programs for safety, and customer service.
- Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly to management.
- Complete all required company training and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by providing a friendly, fun, safe environment.
- Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Attend staff meetings and daily stand-ups. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Assist management with auditing end of day reconciliation of safe.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Desire to work outdoors during all-weather types to ensure a wonderful experience for our guests.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to demonstrate basic cash handling procedures.
- Preferred Food Handlers license.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Working towards a High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1-2 years in customer service and/or related field.
- Operate a computer using Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment preferred.
- Experience in operating a POS (Point of Sale) System preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally, walk, climb, kneel, and move around facility, heavy lifting, and carrying, stooping crawling and equipment operation.
- Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the facilities for prolonged periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.