Guest Services of El Paso Water Parks
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for Guest Services. Guest Services are responsible for welcoming our guests and setting the tone for a positive and fun environment for all to enjoy! Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
El Paso has been recognized as a Top Performing City (Governing and Living Cities, 2017), Best Large Cities for Families (Apartment List, Jan 2017), America’s Top 20 Best Value Cities (Trivago, 2016), 4th Best Place to Live if you Love the Outdoors (US News, July 2016) and #2 Safest City in America (SafeWise, Aug 2017)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Welcome guests to our El Paso Waterparks in a warm friendly manner.
• Oversees Guest Services.
• Assists in coordination of department schedules.
• Ability to problem solve and react quickly to guests needs.
• Complete daily tasks and checks lists regarding cash handling, opening, and closing procedures.
• Ensures Guest Services employees rotation and breaks are done efficiently.
• Explain various ticket and season pas purchase options and polices.
• Initiates conversation with guests, maintaining proper eye contact and providing relevant information regarding attractions, park information, and special events.
• Interacts on the front line traying to deescalate and guest concerns, if unable to – know when to pull in management.
• Ability to assist with and /or act as the host for birthday parties, Cabana Rentals, or any Special Groups or events.
• Provide exceptional guest service at food locations or while serving our guests in their personal cabanas. • Prepare food in a safe and presentable manner.
• Fill condiment dispensers, wipe down tables, wash dishes, and keep all areas clean and safe or guests.
• Maintaining our standards of food quality.
• Take guests orders, offer suggestions, and upsell the most delicious menu items.
• Accurately operate the Point-of-Sale cash registers.
• Assist in bringing in revenue to our food service and retail locations.
• Responsible for cash/credit card handling and end of day reconciliation of all admissions and retail sales.
• Responsible for the care and maintenance of issued equipment.
• Participate in service training programs for safety, and customer service.
• Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
• Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
• Complete all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
• Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by providing a friendly, fun, safe environment.
• Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
• Attend monthly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions.
• Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money.
• Basic food preparation.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
• Desire to work outdoors during all-weather types to ensure a wonderful experience for our guests.
• Excellent verbal communication skills as you will interact with our guests while making sure the park looks great.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must have valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation.
Minimum Education & Experience
• Working towards a High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Minimum age -18 years old.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment preferred.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally, walk, climb, kneel, and move around facility, heavy lifting, and carrying, stooping crawling and equipment operation.
• Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the facilities for prolonged periods of time.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.