Event Marketing Manager
Under general supervision, the Event Marketing Manager plans, coordinates and manages all advertising, public relations activity to support all events taking place at all venues associated with El Paso Live, specifically the El Paso Convention Center, Abraham Chavez Theater, The Plaza Theatre, the Philanthropy Theatre, the Alcantar Sky Garden, Arts Festival Plaza, McKelligon Canyon Amphitheatre and McKelligon Canyon Pavilion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and manage marketing plans for events, to include all available services: media strategy, public relations, media buys & placement, creative design, collateral distribution, promotional development, production quotes, media appearances, and sponsorship fulfillment.
• Coordinate and facilitate all event related marketing materials for clients ranging in scope from national touring acts to local promoters for all El Paso Live properties.
• Develop and follow specific marketing procedures to allow the department to function as an in-house agency as needed.
• Guide day-to-day development of advertising within approved promoter directives, ensure all objectives and deliverables are secure within desired time frame and budget.
• Provide post-event settlements, budget summaries, media invoices and reports for event settlement with all clients.
• Accountable for all media & advertising billing related to the events managed.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with media representatives, civic and industry organizations, promoters and agencies, community influencers, corporate sponsors and city officials.
• Handle the public relations image for the events taking place in El Paso Live venues, as well as write and prepare copy for print/radio/TV spots and press releases.
• Supervise marketing efforts and promotional initiatives between El Paso Live facilities and Visit El Paso.
• Oversee the creative management, development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support event ticket sales and marketing programs.
• Conduct routine surveys with patrons and gather information on demographics and habits of the market. Through research and analytics, provide educated strategies for marketing and programming in El Paso.
• Provide scheduled updates of events for the social networking, ticket giveaways, and special promotional offers.
• Supervise maintenance of calendar website information.
• Secure, schedule and book talent, vendors and materials for El Paso Live Alfresco Friday performances.
• Maintain the outdoor electronic marquee, prepare creative for each campaign as needed
• Create, maintain and distribute communications with online email database for email offers, special updates, etc.
• Update and maintain database for electronic email communication with patrons.
• Plan and maintain appropriate outdoor venue signage current with El Paso Live events
• Routinely interface with Visit El Paso to approve all event media and ensure best results in system-wide marketing events.
• Daily interface with Finance/Accounting Department to ensure accurate payment of event-related accounts
• Routinely interface with Event Services Department to ensure correct distribution of flyers and other media by Event Staff members.
• Routine work with El Paso Live staff to ensure concierge tables at each venue are prepared and maintained for all El Paso Live events.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Excellent knowledge of writing and editing, verbal communications and organizational skills
• Critical ability to work independently and produce accurate results while managing multiple projects and deadlines with constantly changing priorities on projects that require great attention to detail.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and general public.
• Excellent knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment, including typewriter, copy machine and fax machine. Excellent graphics skills preferred in Adobe Photo Shop, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
Education and Work Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years increasingly responsible experience in marketing or other relevant experience.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
• Ability to distinguish color for intricate design purposes.
• Daily standing for up to 15 minutes at a time operating office equipment such as printer or photocopier.
• Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
• Ability/licensed to drive automobile.
• Ability to move frequently between various buildings/venues/media outlets daily.
• Ability to routinely sit, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
Hours of Work
• Monday – Thursday, 8AM – 6PM and Friday 8AM to 12PM
• Frequent additional hours, evenings and weekends, flexible schedule required.
• This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
• Occasional travel may be required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and salary requirement.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.