Tourism Development Manager
• Coordinate with travel trade operators, wholesales, travel agents, trade and consumer media as well as in-state industry partners on various travel trade cooperative programs and promotional opportunities.
• Development of new thematic guide experiences and support the development and making them appealing to the trade.
• Delivery of marketing and distribution of materials promoting the area, attending travel trade events and tradeshows.
• Delivering a travel trade training and education programs to the lodging industry to raising awareness of trade and opportunities.
• Maintain memberships in the travel trade industry and market to members of the different organizations.
• Service the travel trade industry and incentivize new business opportunities.
• Prospect and confirm travel trade and leisure meetings and conventions for El Paso.
• Prospect new business and maintaining contact with travel trade organizations and travel agencies in the US, Canada and Mexico markets.
• Maintain computerized client database of travel writers, influencers, and bloggers with the intent to initiate contact, and receive, answer, and respond to inquiries and requests or provide other assistance.
• Prospect new travel writers, influencers and bloggers and make contact via various solicitation methods including but not limited to internet research/social media outlets, telephone calls, letters, and personal contacts.
• Research, follow and interact with travel writers, influencers, and bloggers to understand their scope of interest and their niche markets.
• Manage all influencer partnerships from initial engagement and outreach to negotiation to execution.
• Maintain and log influencer lists, outreach, and activity, including engagement results.
• Strategize with the marketing team to develop and implement an ongoing approach to influencer marketing.
• Conduct efforts through participation in media influencers trade shows and travel industry activity designed to reach travel writers, influencers and bloggers and conduct follow up as a result.
• Conducts site visits of the El Paso area as required. Entertains influencers as appropriate during but not limited to hospitality suites, receptions, city/regional tours, and familiarization tours.
• Maintain close contact with the State Tourism Office regarding all national and international travel writers, influencers, and bloggers.
• Maintain membership in media influencers/bloggers organizations to track potential travel writers.
• Assist with special event coordination and execution as determined by Director.
• Compile and submit statistics for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Produce detailed wrap reports at the conclusion of any travel conducted to promote the destination.
• Research and develop thematic packages for travel writers, influencers, and bloggers.
• Develop and apply creative approaches to promote tourism for El Paso under deadlines; communicate effectively, both in oral and written form such as when making sales and informational presentations before travel writers, influencers, and bloggers, and when responding to common inquiries.
• Develop and maintain relationships with professional membership organizations, local businesses, attractions, and the public at-large to further to goals and mission of Visit El Paso.
• Attend educational related events and conferences as well as webinars as determined by Director.
• Assist with miscellaneous tourism projects as assigned by Director.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both in an oral and written form, both in English and Spanish.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of hospitality industry with understanding of marketing, sales techniques, and social media research.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, customers, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Ability to close and secure business.
• Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands as well as physical activities including but not limited to outdoor tours of parks, trails, and attractions.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Some travel required.
• College education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/public relations.
• 1-2 years of experience in marketing, public relations, social media, and tourism/hospitality industry experience.
NOTE: This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628 ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor