Safety & Security Lead Officer El Paso Water Parks
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain staff’s professional appearance and conduct.
- Ensure assigned parks are manned and secured 24/7.
- Oversee department shift personnel by delegating on duty staff for In-House and Event coverage. Supervise security officers to ensure completion of assigned duties.
- Review department schedule, agendas and resumes.
- Assist with staff training.
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic.
- Disseminate updated information from chain of command.
- Verify inspections are tasked and completed promptly.
- Ability to work with the public and professionally handle confrontational situations.
- Responsible for accurate communication with management and maintenance team to ensure all pump rooms, and facilities are intact and operating correctly. Report any abnormalities to Management.
- Provide excellent customer service, with a helpful and friendly attitude.
- Understanding of parks rules, policies, and procedures, and being able to communicate these to our guests.
- Document and review Daily Activities Reports, Incident Reports, PM’s, Inspections, Deliveries, etc.
- Attend operational meetings.
- Knowledge of CCTV usage and data extraction.
- Report employees in violation of ASM Global’ s conduct policies.
- Patrolling both park premises to ensure safety and completion of rounds.
- Respond to alarms and distress calls, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
- Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
- Respond to and assist with crowd control inside parks and parking areas.
- Escort/assist Site Managers when handling large sums of money.
- Assist other departments in need to accomplish event expectations or company’s objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires physical ability to move around facility grounds and buildings.
- May require operation of motor vehicle.
- May be exposed to physical confrontations.
- Indoors and outdoors working conditions.
- Standing for long periods of time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Preferred Minimum of 2 years leadership experience.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma/GED, or equivalent 1 year experience.
- Computer knowledge and typing skills.
- Knowledge and training in First Aid/ CPR (training provided).
- Current knowledge/certification in crowd control, fire suppression, and emergency preparedness preferred.
- Security license through DPS preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor