Food & Beverage Supervisor El Paso Water Parks
This position reports to the Assistant Manager and/or Site Manager with responsibilities to include assisting in all areas of Food & Beverage. This position requires coordination and assistance with all departments of Destination El Paso and ensures that all operations of Food and Beverage are working in an effective and timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the development and implementing Food and Beverage training programs, polices, and procedures.
• Have the ability to give direction and effectively organize and all Food and Beverage staff.
• Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute. Reward and recognize employees.
• Provide the highest customer service excellence.
• Oversees food and beverage operations during events to ensure client satisfaction.
• Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
• Create employee schedules as needed.
• Follow all cash handling policies and procedures, as well as other ASM, Savor and building specific policies and procedures.
• Monitor inventory of beverage to ensure adequate stock is maintained and to prevent excess pours or misuse at bars and concessions.
• Ensure all Food and Beverage policies and procedures are followed.
• Assist the food & Beverage Department in maintaining a Health Department score of 90 or higher.
• Exhibit an attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service.
• Demonstrate the ability at problem solving, planning, organizing, and logistics.
• Coordinate with all Staff to maintain adequate inventory levels for proper and uninterrupted kitchen service.
• Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
• Enforce all sanitation procedures including safety guidelines and OSHA requirements.
• Organize equipment for an event as well as clean and maintain equipment during and after functions.
• Make sure all storerooms are clean, organized and secured.
• Follow all designated opening and closing procedures to ensure areas are secure and clean.
• Perform any reasonable requests assigned by management for staffing and performance needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Training and supervising all Food and Beverage staff
• Enforce all liquor laws & adhere to all health department regulations
Qualifications & Skills
• Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patron and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Culinary and facilities operations knowledge.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as events dictate.
Minimum Education & Experience
• 1-2 years of hands on experience
• Knowledge of food and beverage practices and procedures.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
• Experience with BYPASS point of sale system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for quality control of food services. Must be able to withstand loud noise in the environment.
• Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• This position requires stooping and lifting, substantial walking and manual dexterity. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work in an area where high heat may be used for cooking or cleaning purposes.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor