• Designs creative menus, analyzes recipes, and determines proper prices for items to be sold at. • Maintains quality standard when preparing and serving food • Performs interviews, hires, schedules, and supervises kitchen staff • Participate in weekly catering and event meetings • Conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance in kitchen • Maintains food costs while ensuring quality standards are met • Manages inventory of all kitchen supplies • Orders all food and develops rapport with our numerous purveyors • Observes kitchen staff while they prepare for events and maintains portion size, proper garnishing of food, and proper handling • Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws • Disciplining employees in conjunction with HR; addressing complaints and resolving problems • Ability to work under limited supervision • Requires flexible hours including nights and weekends and holidays that vary based on events • Candidate will manage a kitchen staff of up to 25 people
Directly supervises Kitchen personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities while following SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university; and/or Culinary Arts Certificate Eight or more years of hands-on experience as an Executive Chef Eight or more years of kitchen/culinary and supervisory experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Food and Beverage operations, including inventory, management and purchasing procedures.
- Appreciation for gourmet multi-course cuisine.
- Full understanding of fine dining and formal table settings.
- Strong attention in food presentation and plating: Desire to create unique dishes that exceed guest’s expectations.
- Knowledge of Menu development and ability to implement effectively.
- Ability to serve high quality cuisine or events with guest counts from 1 to 2500.
- Possess skills and experience in employee relations and supervising/training personnel.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Able to compute basic mathematic calculations.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Management Food Handler Certified.
- TABC Certified
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. - Manual dexterity - Regularly required to use hands, to finger, handle or feel. - Reach with hands and arms. - Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to access inventory. - May spend long hours in sitting, walking, or standing. - Lifting to 50 lbs.
- Fast paced exposure to kitchen environment
- During events may be exposed to moderate to extreme noise.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements:
- Travel negligible
- Requires ability to work extended and flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS: **
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as hard copy output. In addition, regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourage Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.