Director of Marketing and Communications
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervises and manages budget to maximize ROI for all marketing efforts within Destination El Paso using all assets available in alignment with the overall strategic plan.
• Creates and supervises marketing plans for ticketed events, marketing campaigns and initiatives at Destination El Paso to include all available services in- and out-of-market.
• Performs detailed research and analytics, recommending marketing strategies in relation to destination marketing and event marketing for Destination El Paso.
• Works with General Manager and Directors to implement a cohesive public relations image of Destination El Paso and recognizes opportunities to receive publicity from building operations, activities, destination marketing initiatives, awards/honors, etc. and shares with local, regional or national media and/or ASM Corporate.
• Serves as a primary spokesperson and lead point of contact to organizations, governmental bodies, on media interactions and at social and business gatherings.
• Works with individual departments to create and approve content, including website, social media, sales collateral, press releases, newsletters, etc. Produce videos and podcasts as needed.
• Maintain a crisis communications plan and lead crisis communication responses in conjunction with leadership team.
• Establish tracking procedures with departments and report progress in achieving all measurable goals contained in the marketing plan.
• Establish and sustain professional relationships with media personnel, including newspaper, magazines, television and radio.
• Concentrate on pitching editorial ideas to publications in which advertising is being placed.
• Create relationships with sales representatives, editors and writers to ensure that Destination El Paso is top of mind. Monitor and report garnered media from publications within the media budget.
• Maintains an updated media placement book, CVB photo library and media databases and prepare monthly reports and clipping recap for senior management.
• Functions as the liaison between any external advertising agency and Directors while providing directional guidance. Works directly with agencies coordinating photo shoots, video creation, print ads as well as any other marketing materials that may be needed.
• Acts as the brand manager to ensure that all material and communication from Destination El Paso is consistent with branding efforts. Maintains brand standards of logo and name when used by outside parties in partnerships or sponsorships.
• Remains current on national trends in the industry and local market changes that affect Destination El Paso and its marketing strategies.
• Produces collateral in partnership with Directors and General Manager, including the annual report, annual marketing plan, year-end recap, year-end video, presentations, proposals and promotional materials.
• Directly supervises Marketing Managers, Marketing Coordinators, Graphic Designers and Communication staff in accordance with ASM’s policies and applicable laws.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong proof-reading
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively supervise and motivate staff
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. Photoshop and Illustrator design experience a plus.
• Website maintenance and basic HTML knowledge needed.
Minimum Education & Experience
•Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred.
•Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing within entertainment, destination marketing or with a marketing / advertising agency.
•3+ years supervisory experience.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
• Ability to distinguish color for intricate design purposes.
• Daily standing for up to 15 minutes at a time operating office equipment such as printer or photocopier.
• Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
• Ability/licensed to drive automobile.
• Ability to move frequently between various buildings/venues/media outlets daily.
• Ability to routinely sit, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
Hours of Work/Travel Requirements/Environment/Conditions
• Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
• Frequent additional hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, flexible schedule required.
• This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
• Occasional travel, both within the United States and internationally required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor