Destination Experience Specialist
Under general supervision, the Full-Time Destination Experience Specialist provides comprehensive information about El Paso’s hotels, restaurants, and attractions to tourists and residents. Additionally, this position is responsible for the operation of a retail outlet. The position may not perform all of these, and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide customer service and visitor information to visitor and residents at Airport Visitor Center.
• Participate in general visitor information center functions including but not limited to creating itineraries for visitors based on requests, provide driving and walking directions, information on upcoming events, etc.
• Keep brochure racks stocked and brochures ordered as needed.
• Must maintain a clean and organized visitor information center.
• Answer and appropriately route incoming telephone calls.
• Record detailed messages from callers and/or visitors.
• Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
• Provide directional information for travelers at El Paso International Airport Visitor Center.
• Promote events, programs, and social media channels for Destination El Paso.
• Aid in planning and execution of Visit El Paso events.
• Track and record phone calls, FaceTime, and walk-in interactions.
• Greets customers and answers any questions regarding retail items to ensure a friendly environment.
• Communicates with other stores or buyers regarding items being sold.
• Receives cash and credit payments for retail items and issues correct change and receipts in a timely manner.
• Completes all necessary reports/paperwork involved in reconciliation of money collected.
• Responsible for placing orders and maintaining the inventory of retail items.
• Remains knowledgeable about merchandise and store policies and implements sales and promotions.
• Aids in the creation and execution of programming for Visitor Centers to include – concerts and tastings from local artists and businesses.
• Meets and exceeds sales goals.
• Creates displays for retail items as well as maintaining areas to management’s expectations.
• Conveys product features and benefits – demonstrating, if necessary.
• Establishes and executes theft prevention protocols.
• Analyzes sales patterns to recommend sales and liquidations as well as timing for new products.
• Handles refunds, and exchanges with a focus on timeliness and customer service.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED. Must have good knowledge of the city of El Paso and customer service. Must have previous retail experience. Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to tactfully handle irate customers, tourists, and residents; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public. Spanish preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Maintain a good knowledge of El Paso and keep current with news, restaurants, attractions, hotels, and any other pertinent information that would be beneficial to tourists and residents.
• General knowledge of city of El Paso to provide directions.
• Demonstrate skills in customer relations and problem solving.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure, and produce accurate results.
• Experience handling cash, credit cards and other forms of payment.
• Calculate mathematical computations and handle cash/credit transactions rapidly and accurately.
• Use multi-line telephone system and other office equipment including computers, tablets, calculators, Point of Sale systems, and printers.
• Computer knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, and Internet.
• Familiarity with Apple products (iPad).
• Must be able to lift more than 30 lbs. and sit for a long period of time.
• Must have a valid driver’s license; must drive to the various Visitor Information Centers and offsite events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
• Work under adverse indoor/outdoor conditions including extreme heat and cold.
• Work in loud environments surrounded by crowds.
NOTE: This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor