Destination Experience Manager
The Destination Experience Manager is responsible for the management of the Visitor Information Centers and directly and indirectly providing information and education services to visitors, military families, local and regional communities and the hospitality industry so they can increase their leisure activities in Destination El Paso thereby enhancing the positive image of the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision of all visitor center staff.
• Responsible for the overall management of all Visitor Information Centers.
• Ensure that the centers are well maintained, stocked with brochures, products, and other informational materials.
• Attend to the needs of daily visitors.
• Responsible for the conducting and administering subordinate’s annual employee evaluations.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners to include businesses, attractions, and hotels.
• Responsible for researching and representing of Visit El Paso in area, regional, and statewide travel shows.
• Development and execution of the Ambassador Program.
• Production of a monthly newsletter sharing activity and events in El Paso area.
• Coordinate with the Servicing Department on orders for all required uniforms and ensure uniform policy is being followed.
• Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area, act as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
• Ensure that all inquiries from mail, email, walk-in, and telephone receive prompt and courteous responses and input inquiries into IDSS.
• Prepare reports for senior management and attend meetings with a variety of people, including senior managers, and tourism businesses.
• Publicize the center’s services and assisting with the marketing of other local attractions.
• Produce guides and other marketing literature.
• Create and execute presentations around the city and region promoting El Paso, its attractions and events.
• Develop programming to increase visitations to the visitor information centers.
• Manage Amigo Man’s schedule, appearances, and social media interactions.
• Maintain Master Calendar website and app and continue to improve the process.
• Assist in familiarization tours, conventions, and travel writer visits.
• Finding mobile visitor center opportunities within the community.
• Responsible for creating and executing guided tours.
• Conduct tours for potential prospects relocating to the area.
• Serve on committees represent the tourism industry.
• Responsible for updates, content creation, and marketing the Visit El Paso app throughout the city.
• Receive cash and credit payments for retail items and issues correct change and receipts in a timely manner.
• Completes all necessary reports/paperwork involved in reconciliation of money collected.
• Communicates with other stores or buyers regarding items being sold.
• Responsible for placing orders and maintaining the inventory of retail items.
• Remains knowledgeable about merchandise and store policies and implements sales and promotions.
• Creates and executes programming for Visitor Centers to include – concerts and tastings from local artists and businesses.
• Meets and exceeds sales goals.
• Creates displays for retail items as well as maintaining areas to management’s expectations.
• Conveys product features and benefits – demonstrating, if necessary.
• Establishes and executes theft prevention protocols.
• Analyzes sales patterns to recommend sales and liquidations as well as timing for new products.
• Handles refunds, and exchanges with a focus on timeliness and customer service.
• Two or four-year degree from an academic institution in marketing, business, or tourism and/or two years related experience
• Experience in retail, sales and / or the travel and tourism industries
• Creative and detail-oriented
• Able and willing to travel frequently
• Good organizational, oral, and written communication skills
• Spanish preferred but not required.
• Must have valid driver’s license
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time
Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for aver 60 minutes at a time.
Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor
This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
NOTE: This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor