Convention Sales Marketing Manager
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Included but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for managing the Convention Sales LinkedIn presence with an emphasis on solicitation of group business for El Paso area hotels, meeting facilities and other venues, with a primary focus on securing hotel room nights for the city.
• Manage social media meetings channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Consistently manage and update CVENT database with current El Paso information, promotions, and marketing creative to position Visit El Paso as a premiere destination for meetings and events.
• Management and content creation for Meeting Planner section of the Visit El Paso website.
• Assist the Marketing Manager with the development and execution of marketing programs used in the Sales and Services division.
• Secure and traffic content from internal resources to initiate the development of electronic invitations, eNewsletter and other client communication.
• Act as a liaison between Visit El Paso and strategic partner organizations with an emphasis on uncovering potential partnerships that will drive the El Paso brand forward.
• Cultivate relationships with El Paso hotel community and update Visit El Paso staff on new renovations, hotel staff changes, and any relevant information.
• Serve as a primary contact for internal stakeholders and external vendors to create and provide marketing tools – advertising, direct-mail, lead-generation programs, collateral material, tradeshow booths, etc.
• Contact state association representatives by phone, letter or personal calls to research meeting needs and determine CVB’s role for meeting those needs.
• Assist in management of Visit El Paso CRM database with an emphasis on streamlining standard operating practices, clean-up of accounts, and making any pertinent account updates to include creating accounts, sales leads, bookings, lost business report.
• Research new and existing clients within the Visit El Paso CRM database and solicit new and repeat business from these clients.
• Assist in collection and follow up of hotel proposals and preparation of Visit El Paso city proposals to present to associations/corporations to bid on future conventions.
• Provide back-up to staff in El Paso booths during tradeshows/conventions. Some travel may be involved.
• Assist and participate in client sales calls and/or presentations.
• Assist with planning and executing client events.
• Participate in and attend Visit El Paso sponsored partner events.
• Produce detailed expense and wrap reports at the conclusion of each travel mission or sales trip.
• Assist the servicing department for groups, which may include managing volunteers, registration assistance, transportation assistance, promotional items, welcome bags, city tours, step-on guide, and other activities.
• Develop and maintain relationships with professional membership organizations, local businesses, industries, institutions and the public at-large to further to goals and mission of Visit El Paso.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position requires the ability to:
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both in an oral and written form.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices convention sales management and hospitality industry with understanding of marketing, sales techniques and meeting management; The Greater El Paso/Juarez metroplex.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, customers, employees and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
• Develop and apply creative approaches to promote convention and tourist business for El Paso under deadlines to meet sales goals; communicate effectively, both in oral and written form such as when making sales and informational presentations before groups of various sizes or diverse demographics, and when responding to common inquires or complaints from clients for members of the community.
• Experience interpreting consumer data and making business recommendations to drive event performance.
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in advertising or digital marketing.
• Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This section contains information on working conditions out of the ordinary such as
• Office environment
• Some out of state and intra-state travel required.