Careers « view all careers
Under general supervision the Marketing Assistant assists in the marketing and execution of special events and festivals under the direction of the Marketing department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are typical for this position. The position may not perform all of these, and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
• May perform general administrative functions and assist the Assistant General Manager, Marketing Manager, Special Events Manager and Social Media Coordinator in day-to-day operations of the department.
• Works independently, exercising judgment and initiative pertaining to the Marketing Department.
• Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures and excellent knowledge of office computer software.
• Brainstorming and executing event marketing strategies and campaigns (cross-promotion, digital, social)
• Assist in the coordination of photographers/videographers for events
• Assist with the creative management, development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support event ticket sales and marketing programs.
• Coordinating on site execution of event marketing
• Assist in survey administration of event attendees and gather information on demographics and habits of the market.
SPECIAL EVENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Special Events Manager on event marketing budget
• Assist in developing details of overall event plan
• Create and edit Event Sponsorship packages under supervisors supervision
• Designing & ordering event merchandise (merch for sale)
• Creating and executing plans for event signage (to include design process)
• Compile post event documentation to include event marketing budget
• May be assigned additional tasks at supervisor’s discretion.
Knowledge of: principles and practices of managing a convention servicing staff; principles and practices of marketing, budgeting, training methods and techniques; must be result-oriented. Working with diverse convention and association leaders and groups. Developing, motivating, and managing the convention servicing staff. Must be able to operate a variety of vehicles and poses a valid Texas driver’s license.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to express oneself clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
• Position does require sitting and standing for long periods of time.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to training and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills would be qualifying. Prior public contact experience necessary.
• Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift a approximately 40 lbs.
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for average of 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.