Careers « view all careers
Human Resource Coordinator
Under general supervision the Human Resources Coordinator will perform all aspects of Human Resource Operations, as well as administration and maintenance of Payroll and Facility Benefit Programs, consistent with SMG policies by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follows SMG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
•Maintains compliance with state regulations concerning employment
• Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel
• Performs recruitment activities. Writes and places advertisements. Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientations
• Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
• Assists in administering performance review and salary administration program
• Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
• Responsible for maintaining OSHA log, Worker’s Compensation claims, and General Liability claims
• Assists in compiling data and investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
• Responsible for processing payroll in compliance with State and Federal law and SMG policies and procedures.
• Manages and guarantees bi-weekly disbursements of facility payroll for all employees utilizing ADP Enterprise HR.
• Manages the process of wage garnishments, deductions and payments for applicable employees.
• Ability to recognize and research errors on payroll reports, including tax credits, employee wage discrepancies and other regulatory reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
•Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university
•2 to 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
•Experience administering benefit programs
•Experience processing payroll
Skills and Abilities
•Solid knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
•Strong analytical and problem solving skills
•Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential
•Knowledge with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required
•Solid knowledge of ADP Enterprise HR
•Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
•To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word, Excel, and ADP/HRIS or related automated payroll software.
•Monday –Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some periodic irregular hours
•Must have valid state issued driver’s license
•Professional appearance and attitude are essential
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and listen. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.