Careers « view all careers
Seasonal P/T Labor Operations
Under general supervision, performs work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. This seasonal position will work from April 5, 2019 to September 1, 2019.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
• Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
• Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
• Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, and patching.
• Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
• Ability to use machines, supplies and equipment to clean the facility.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally, walk, climb, kneel, and move around facility, heavy lifting, and carrying, stooping, crawling and equipment operation.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Work under adverse indoor/outdoor conditions including extreme heat and cold and exposure to dust, dirt and cleaning agents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set up conversion, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors and patrons.
• Follow all polices/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
• Meet the physical demand of the job, must perform strenuous physical duties at times; including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED and one to three months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0690.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.