Careers « view all careers
Amigo Man Mascot
Under general supervision, the Amigo Man Mascot will perform as a mascot, possess excellent non-verbal communication skills and be physically fit. Candidate must also have a creative and humorous personality with great improvisational skills. Successful candidates must also be responsible, organized and be a positive member of a front office staff.
The following are typical for this position. The position may not perform all of these, and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
• Develop the character of the City of El Paso Mascot “Amigo Man”
• Perform at all events determined by Destination El Paso/City of El Paso.
• Perform and/or provide support to all necessary community appearances. This includes but is not limited to sponsors, charities, media and private functions.
• Responsible for mascot costume operations including, care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
• Work directly with the Tourism, Convention Development departments with any promotions necessary.
• Create goodwill in community.
• Create, schedule, organize, and plan all outside community appearances
• Develop and participate in a character branding program
• May be assigned additional tasks at Directors discretion.
• Mascot experience is preferred.
• Ability to endure extreme heat conditions
• Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Tools
• Subject to background check
• Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands.
• Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions and clients’ needs or wants relating to the mascot.
• Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly.
• Perform mascot duties in a manner deemed acceptable according to Destination El Paso standards.
• Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including some days, nights, holidays and weekends.
• Fan friendly and outgoing individual.
• Works well with children and other staff members at many events.
• Good physical condition.
• Must be able to fit and work in a costume.
• Must be good representative of Destination El Paso & the brand.
• Must be able to travel outside of El Paso.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Mascot experience preferred.
• Some travel
• High noise level
• Exposure to the weather conditions
• In and out of doors several times a day
• Exposure to heat and cold, dust, pollen, fumes
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor