Advertising & Marketing Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise and manage advertising budget to maximize ROI
• Oversee the design team development of internal and external creative projects that include but are not limited to: digital, print, television, radio and online advertisements; collateral materials; consumer promotions.
• Function as the intermediary and provides directional guidance between any external advertising, digital or social vendors/partners.
• Work directly with agencies on photo shoots, video creation, print ads as well as any other marketing materials that may be needed.
• Act as the brand manager to ensure that all material and communication from the bureau is consistent with branding efforts.
• Implement strategies for developing and enhancing the Visit El Paso photo library.
• Monitor and track publications to ensure that the Visit El Paso is receiving fair and balanced coverage, as well as keeping information current.
• Supervise media planning and placement for local and out-of-town mediums.
• Supervise additional staffing such as the in-house graphic designer.
• Create, develop and manage web content for Destination El Paso websites.
• Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the Destination El Paso websites.
• Improve the usability, design, content and conversion of the company websites.
• Collaborate with internal teams and third-party agencies to create landing pages and optimize the users’ web experience.
• Track conversion rates and marketing improvements to Destination El Paso websites.
• Plan and execute all Web, SEO/SEM campaigns.
• Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
• Review innovative technologies and keep the company sites at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
• Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
• Develop and execute short and long-term digital marketing strategies after conducting research and evaluating market potential.
• Prepare and produce monthly, quarterly, annual and as-needed reports relating to web, app, and digital campaigns.
• Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners. (i.e., Social Toaster, Viva Impulse, Get Smart Content, Bluebridge, aRes, etc.)
• Oversee the Visit El Paso Application and work to create an El Paso Live Application.
• Attend industry conferences/conventions related to position.
• Two or four-year degree from an academic institution in marketing, business or tourism and/or two years related experience
• Experience in sales and / or the travel and tourism industries
• Creative and detail-oriented
• Able and willing to travel frequently
• Good organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Spanish preferred but not required
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to training and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills would be qualifying. Prior public contact experience necessary. High school diploma or GED required. One to two years’ experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time.
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for aver 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
• Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
• Frequent additional hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, flexible schedule required.
• This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
• Occasional travel, both within the United States and internationally required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please complete application and submit Resume and salary requirements for consideration. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0690 SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor