The purpose of the Convention Development Program is to provide hospitality
industry sales services to meeting planners, organization executive directors,
presidents, boards and/or committees so they can receive a well-executed and
enhanced experience that focuses on our affordable destination.
This year, the Convention Development Program generated 55 sales leads,
representing 34,532 in total attendance, and 25,958 total room nights compared
to 60 leads generated, 20,436 in attendance and 19,568 in total room nights in
Fiscal Year 2015.
There were 26 pieces of business secured in FY2015 for future years,
representing 13,221 in total attendance, and 10,875 total room nights compared
to 44 bookings, 16,370 in attendance and 11,067 in total room nights for FY2014.
Significant Bookings include:
• Association of Women’s Business Centers
• Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas Annual Convention
• Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education Annual State Conference
• Texas Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus
• Texas Forensic Association
• Texas State Teachers Association
• Gildan Triple-A National Championship