Careers « view all careers
Upload Application: Click here to upload your resume.
Under immediate supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events, skilled and unskilled job tasks as assigned within the El Paso Convention & Performing Arts Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up for catered events.
• Service of clients attending catered events.
• Food and beverages cleaning
• Cleaning of soiled china, glass, and silverware.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors, and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications, problem solving and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
Prior Cash handling experience.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
• Position does require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Experience with BYPASS, ALOHA or point of sale system
• High School diploma or GED and cash handling experience; good knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to write legibly; ability to tactfully handle irate citizens; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Destination El Paso
One Civic Center Plaza
El Paso, TX 79901