Careers « view all careers
Venue and Catering Sales Manager
Upload Application: Click here to upload your resume.
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Venue and Catering Sales Manager at Destination El Paso. The Venue and Catering Sales Manager is responsible for enhancing economic and social growth in El Paso by marketing, promoting and developing new business for Destination El Paso and the City through networking and developing sales in order to obtain goals.
Accountability: Reports to Director of Convention Development
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Included but are not limited to the following:
• Identifies organizations within assigned market segment, which can be potential clients for food & beverage or other special events.
• Assists the Director in the implementation of sales plans and objectives, and recommends programs and policies to achieve these plans and objectives.
• Contribute to the overall sales objectives by achieving quantifiable goals set forth by the Director on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Documents, thoroughly, information relating to contacts and needs of clients or prospective clients. Assures such files and database are properly organized and kept up to date using the department’s filing procedures.
• Solicits and follows up with perspective clients via telephone, letters, and personal contacts in a timely manner.
• Conducts site tours as required and entertains clients as appropriate.
• Prepares and delivers written and oral sales presentations to individuals and/or groups as appropriate.
• Develop proposals for potential clients and the Convention Development Department and follows through on respective pending bookings as well as negotiates and prepares contracts outlining all space licensed and rental rates.
• Meets with clients to determine food and beverage needs, prepares customized menus and develops Banquet Event Orders (BEO) for clients.
• Attend in-house event-related meetings and relay changes to other departments.
• Maintains a positive and professional image and builds an effective rapport with clients or prospective clients during entire sales process including networking, event planning and post event follow up.
• Stimulates the constant improvement of selling methods and productivity.
• Develops and maintains an accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the competition in terms of accessibility, services, meeting rooms available, etc. Effectively uses this information to accentuate the positive features and advantages we have versus other alternatives.
• Attend local, state and regional industry meetings, seminars and tradeshows as required or when appropriate.
• Assist in the planning and execution of promotional events and special projects and assignments as required by the Director.
• Works directly and effectively with Food and Beverage department to communicate client needs, special requests and other pertinent information for each event.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position requires the ability to:
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain a professional image.
• Tactfully interact with staff, clients, the general public, and the hospitality community.
• Handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Operate modern office equipment, including but not limit to computer, fax, phone, and copy machine.
• Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Operate a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Two years of sales experience (preferably in catering sales), Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel, Marketing and/or Business Administration, or closely related field. Equivalent in directly related work experience may be substituted. Have a proven record of accomplishment of successful meeting and convention selling, as well as a steady progression of increased responsibilities or college education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This section contains information on working conditions out of the ordinary such as:
• Office environment.
• Requires sitting and working on the computer as well as the phone; assisting with duty manager requirements for events which would include standing and walking.
• Occasionally, bending, stooping, and lifting may be required. Position may subject to adverse conditions and irregular schedules.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Destination El Paso
1 Civic Center Plaza
El Paso, TX 79901
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.elpasolive.com/contact/jobs
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.