Careers « view all careers
Under general supervision, the ticket seller is responsible for ticket sales for shows or events by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Opens and closes ticket window as required.
• Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and gives change accurately.
• Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count printed tickets.
• Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balance sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office Manager for audit. Files various records and reports.
• Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles “Will-Call” window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by Manager.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
• Efficiently and courteously answer questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to count money
• Ability to listen and follow instructions
• Ability to input data into computer to record sales transactions
• Good Communication skills. Listens and get clarification: Responds well to questions. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Good problem solving skills and organizational ability
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
• Good customer service skills and sense of public relations
• Must have customer service experience. Box Office or guest service preferred.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English.
• Ability to work flexible hours including day, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
• Perform work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
• Must be able to use office equipment, such as calculator, PC or terminal, printer, fax, photocopier, telephone, cash register.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor