Careers « view all careers
P/T Ticket Seller
Upload Application: Click here to upload your resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
• Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
• Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
• Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office supervisor or manager for audit.
• Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
• Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
• Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work as assigned.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Box office or guest services background preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to count money, make change accurately
• Ability to listen and follow instructions
• Ability to input data into a computer to record sales transactions
• Good communications skills. Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Able to read and interpret written information
• Good problem solving skills and organizational ability
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
• Good customer service skills and sense of public relations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some knowledge of computers. Experience in computerized ticket systems preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
• Ability to work the ticket window with minimal supervision
• Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
• Must be able to speak, read, and write English
• Must have professional attitude and appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle and count coins and currency. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
HOURS OF WORK
Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
HRecruiter@destinationelpaso.com or upload resume