Careers « view all careers
This position reports and works with the Special Events Manager to develop, coordinate and manage all sponsorship activities related to all special event activities; shows/festivals, series that are either owned, co-owned, presented, or co-presented by Destination El Paso. This position is responsible for selling and managing event and venue sponsorships and high-level vendor partnerships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists Special Events Manager in managing relationship with event co-producers and other major partners (i.e. media groups, investors).
• Creates sponsorship opportunities (event marketing packages) for special events, and cultivate, procure and manage sponsors, partners, and display vendors.
• Cultivates relationships with local businesses that may be potential sponsors, vendors, or subscribers to Destination El Paso events.
• Manages Sponsor, Partner, and Vendor relationships via quality communication, gifts and other incentives.
• Sell and manage venue sponsorship and naming opportunities.
• Assists with creating and implementing marketing plans, promotions and public relations initiatives for special events.
• Works within the guidelines set forth in SMG’s Management Credo.
• Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
• Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong proof-reading
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and ability to handle client meetings and speak in front of groups
• Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers, sponsors and vendors
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. Photoshop and Illustrator design experience a plus.
Minimum Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Marketing, Public Relations or related field preferred.
• At least two years previous experience with event management, including logistics and sponsorship procurement preferred.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
• Significant standing and walking for long periods at special events, including outdoor events in local weather.
• Ability/licensed to drive automobile.
• Ability to move frequently between various buildings/venues daily.
• Ability to routinely sit, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data or writing with a pen/pencil and paper for over 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
Hours of Work/Travel Requirements/Environment/Conditions
• Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM (varies with season and event needs)
• Frequent additional hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, flexible schedule required.
• This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0690.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor