Careers « view all careers
P/T Security Guard
Under general supervision, patrols assigned territory to protect patrons and property.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Patrol premises to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
• Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during events or at the facility. If necessary, escort
disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
• Prepare incident reports.
• Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering
• Prepare late parking and car storage reports
• Assist with crowd control inside and outside
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
• Assist departments, such as box office, when handling large sums of money
• Relieve event guards for breaks with the authorization from the Event Manager
• Other duties as assigned
• Position requires physical ability to move around facility grounds and buildings, may require
operation of motor vehicle, may be exposed to physical confrontations, indoors and outdoors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 3-5 years security/law enforcement experience required
• Current knowledge and training in first aid, i.e. CPR needed
• Security certification and valid driver’s license
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be 18 year of age
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0690.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.