Careers « view all careers
Safety and Security Lead Officer-Internal Applicants Only
Under general supervision, this position is responsible in helping develop and maintain a pro-active security program designed to insure a safe and secure environment for patrons and employees. Provides supervision over personnel to maintain security of the facilities and grounds of the Judson F. Williams Convention Center, Plaza Theatre, Abraham Chavez Theatre, Cohen Stadium, McKelligon Canyon Amphitheatre and Pavilion. Help design programs to increase and lead security and loss prevention awareness programs. Ensure that the property is meeting the proper Security Standards and follows local, state, and federal laws.
• Establish and Maintain high departmental standards.
• Oversee Security Officers; emergency response, investigations, dispatch, patrols, and safety.
• Help develop and coordinate the training of all departmental personnel
• Develop a departmental business plan to compliment the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Centers overall plan
• Maintain records and files on all incidents
• Assist with event planning efforts and coordinate with clients
• Help develop and implement loss prevention program
• Patrol premises to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises
• Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during events or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises
• Prepare and review incident reports
• Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering
• Prepare and review late parking and car storage reports
• Assist with crowd control inside and outside
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
• Assist departments, such as box office, when handling large sums of money
• Relieve event guards for breaks with the authorization from the Event Manager
• Create and develop schedules that comply with the requirements of the facility and events
• Assign daily and weekly tasks to security officers
• Supervise security officers to ensure completion of assigned duties
• Issue work orders
• Recommend disciplinary action for subordinate employees
• Other duties as assigned
• This position will require a considerable amount of walking, climbing, stooping and possibly heavy lifting
• The position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings
• This position may be subjected to adverse conditions, including physical contact from hostile people
• Will be required to work irregular hours; nights, weekends, and holidays as required and as demanded by events and direct supervisor
Assists with the supervision of employees in the Security Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Supervisor and Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to effectively supervise staff
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong investigative skills
• Crowd Management
• Working knowledge of event based Security Operations
• Understanding of Venue Security
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Strong knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures
• Supervisory/Management in Security/Loss Prevention experience, related Facility Security Management background preferred
• Four-year college degree preferred, but a law enforcement or security related Management background could be considered
• A working knowledge of Constitutional, Statutory, and Civil Law
• Texas Bureau of Security ‘Non- Commissioned Security Officer’ designation, or ability to receive one within 90 days of employment
• Valid driver’s license required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or G.E.D. (with some college) and two (2) years specialized experience or training (Venue/ Event Based Security); or at least 18 months of honorable military time/and or law enforcement background; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.