Careers « view all careers
Under general supervision, tThe Production Manager,he Production Manager is responsible for establishing the technical requirements, equipment, and manpower requirements (client labor requirements) to service events at Judson F. Williams Convention Center, Abraham Chavez Theatre, Plaza Theatre, Performing Arts Centre, Arts Festival Plaza, Cohen Stadium, and McKelligon Canyon Amphitheatre and Pavilion, collectively the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Centers (“EPCPAC”). This is a working Production Manager position.
• Responsible for daily operations of lighting, electrical, sound, props, audiovisual, etc.
• Responsible for routine maintenance (preventative and repairs) of all production equipment, house restoration, event set-ups and break downs (as pertaining to the production department), and other back of house needs s needed Direct and supervise staff within parameters of company policies.
• Responsible for advancing shows with promoters and partners and acts as a liaison between the show and the company.
• Participates in customer site visits and throughout the event booking, planning, and execution cycle as an in-house resource on facility light and sound systems as well as methods, and practices which may save the customer money or improve the production value of their event.
• Informs clients and sub-contractors on rigging points and methods for hanging sound, lighting, and audiovisual equipment at EPCPAC.
• Study technical riders, light plots, electrical requirements, and hanging plots as to the complexity and feasibility of hanging a road show or local production in the facility. Also, provides solutions that work to the benefit of the facility and the client.
• Works with the clients to determine the Stage Technician manpower required for production work.
• Provides a written estimate based on the technical rider or information supplied via the client and current contract rates.
• Creates and manages all event scheduling for production employees as determined by assessing event and building needs
• Develops training programs and ensures all staff members are proficient in operating and maintaining all related equipment, tools, and related job functions
• Evaluates preventive maintenance programs; modifies programs to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Utilizes Altum software tracking programs to monitor and document PM and training systems
• Assists department to oversee planning, coordination, and implementation of major capital improvement projects
• Maintains safe working conditions and safe working procedures in a clean and orderly working environment
• In absence of comprehensive client information, develops light plots and sound system specification to fit needs of the event.
• Demonstrates an on-going awareness of safety issues. Develop and implement safety policy and procedures for Stage Technicians.
• Supervises and facilitates production equipment rental to event contractors.
• Provides written estimates to contractors for equipment rentals.
• Provides final cost outs for production services rendered for settlement
• Maintains accurate event history which includes any billed services, issues, or opportunities for future improvement of production efficiency.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• 2 years related supervisory experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with Computer Aided Design Software.
• ETCP Rigging Certification preferred.
• Working knowledge of the principles of facility management, services and equipment for a similar facility
• Five or more years working with light, sound, and AV production in a convention center, arena, theater, or road show environment.
• Must have strong working knowledge of facility, theatrical production, and decorator/exhibit production as well as strong attention to details.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of conference and meeting production requirements.
• Strong knowledge of applicable life and safety codes.
• The ability to read production drawings and to use Computer Aided Design Software for the preparation of rigging plots, and production layouts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of modern digital and analog production sound, lighting, and AV technologies.
• Ability to read and understand technical “riders” for stage presentations.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to create novel solutions when planned processes break down.
• Demonstrated understanding of union environments including the ability to understand and interpret union contracts, resolve disputes and manage workers in a consistent and fair manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility at times, walking and/or standing from 8-14 hours daily as well as the ability to frequently lift in excess of 50 not more than 100 pounds. This position is also exposed to adverse conditions including weather, noise, dust, fumes etc. Must be able to work in environments above ground level confidently and professionally.
HOURS OF WORK:
Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.