Careers « view all careers
P/T Seasonal Special Event Coordinator (October 1 – January 26)
Under immediate supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the Special Event Manager in coordinating logistics, marketing and overall concept for El Paso Live’s special events and festivals.
• Work with Special Events Manager to coordinate logistics, assist with sales, marketing, and promotions and overall plan and concept for El Paso Live’s special events, including, but not limited to: Sun City Craft Beer Festival, Tequila, Taco & Cerveza Festival, El Paso Ice Cream Festival, Alfresco Fridays, Cool Canyon Nights, Music Under the Stars, Movies in the Canyon, Viva El Paso, Broadway in El Paso and WinterFest.
• Identify, spec out, contract, and execute with third party vendors logistics for the special events, including but not limited to tenting, fencing, porta-johns, generators, tables, chairs, power, staging, and signage.
• Identify trade opportunities with local businesses and third-party vendors.
• Work within the parameters of the event’s budget, updating and tracking expenses throughout the process.
• Coordinate with internal departments; Engineering, Housekeeping, Custodial, and Changeover, Event Services, Food & Beverage, and Production to secure internal equipment and staffing for event.
• Work with Marketing department to assist in any special promotions, contests, and other marketing initiatives.
• Identify, engage and coordinate with local non-profit volunteer groups as event labor.
• Engage local retail, restaurant, and art vendors that would be appropriate for the event.
• Prepare vendor and sponsor set-up packages and meetings to distribute and finalize event details.
• Ordering event merchandise including staff t-shirts and merchandise for sale.
• Act as key contact on the day of the event to execute equipment, vendors, staff & volunteers
• Post event settlement with vendors, including check requests, payment, and reconciliation in the event budget.
• Prepare post event recap presentations with sponsors
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university highly desirable; 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver’s license, working knowledge of the principles of Special, Events, Festival Logistics and Vendor Relations and Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Activities occur both inside and outside facility; some exposure to adverse weather conditions; ability to work flexible hours, as needed, which may include nights, weekends or holidays. Standing for long periods is normal and walking during events is expected.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor