Careers « view all careers
P/T House Attendant
Under immediate supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events, skilled and unskilled job tasks as assigned with Destination El Paso.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Provides customer service. Making the customer experience exceptional.
• Ensures successful event coordination activities by monitoring events, maintaining close contact with clients and staff to ensure successful service level are achieved.
• Provides clear, concise and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments.
• Maintains Event related reports, information and files.
• Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
• Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with police, fire, EMT’s and other security personnel and/or safety organizations.
• Handle complaints, disturbances or related problems with the public, staff or clients and promoters.
• Investigate, report and provide follow-up on incidents including damage or injury to the facility or individuals.
• Sell merchandise for shows when requested by the tour manager and effectively communicate with the merchandise manager for each show.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
• Assist and direct patrons to appropriate destinations, i.e. concessions, restrooms, etc.
• Assist in controlling unusual circumstances and events during fire, storm, riots and other emergencies.
• Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
• Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
• Report any problems concerning the event to the assigned Event Manger(s) and/or Upper Level Management per event.
• Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
• Properly communicate to others and give updates to Upper Level Management, Event Managers & Event Staff as needed.
• Be able to arrive to work on time as scheduled.
• Adhere to ASM Global Procedures and Policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Assist in the training and education of event staff.
• Supervise event staff and oversees aspects of facility operations related to events.
• Serves as manager on duty as required.
• Perform other supervisory duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event related services.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
• Handle conflicts make common sense decisions, and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
• Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Possess any appropriate licenses as required by the state.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
• Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Must have Customer Service Skills. Making the customer experience exceptional.
• Must be effective in both written and verbal communication.
• Must be able to properly use and understand scheduling applications and guidelines.
• Must be able stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
• Basic math skills to be able to accurately handle & count money.
• Must possess valid driver’s license as well as reliable transportation.
• Fluent in English & Spanish (Preferred)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Two (2) years professional experience in guest services and/or venue operations. Entertainment Venue experience is preferred.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Customer service experience is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move around facility. Position requires step climbing, walking, and sometimes running; may be subject to physical confrontations; indoor and outdoor working conditions; irregular hours.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0690.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA