Careers « view all careers
P/T Assistant Concessions Manager
Under general supervision, the Part-time Assistant Concessions Manager will assist the concessions manager in oversight with a focus on all retail beverage sales and service at the Convention Center, Plaza Theatre, Abraham Chavez Theater and McKelligon Canyon Amphitheater and Pavilion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists the concessions manager in hiring and training of all Food & Beverages concessions Bar Staff
• Develops menus/themes for the event and establishes pricing for services.
• Planning, assigning, and directing work for employees, and non-profit groups.
• Supervises concessions employees and non-profit employees, bartenders and beer-tenders for events.
• Ensure that concessions stands are properly stocked and staffed for all events.
• Maintaining labor costs and reaching budgeted Revenue goals, Per Cap targets etc.
• Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments
• Maintaining all concession equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance
• Complies with Health Department and TABC regulations
• Must be creative in marketing, concession signage and sales displays
• Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
• Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with staff and customers during events
• Assists the concessions manager in ordering product and equipment and maintaining uniforms
• Inventory control through POS System to include cash management.
• Assists the concessions manager in beverage ordering and receiving.
• All other duties as assigned
Directly supervises multiple team members in the Food & Beverage Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding: disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience
• Requires at least 2 years of management experience in a fast-paced Retail environment.
• Prior experience with ordering & receiving and inventory control required.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to read, write and understand and speak English
• Ability to meet the physical demands of this job
• Advanced oral and written communication skills to properly train and develop staff.
• Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility
• Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
• Ability to be creative with marketing presentations and maintain a quality product
• Attention to detail and service oriented
• Proficient computer skills including the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone, etc.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software, including excel.
• POS experience Bypass, Aloha, Quest etc.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Serve-safe certified within 90 days of employment.
• TABC commission alcohol beverage permit required to be obtained within 30 days.
• Food Allergen certified with 90 Days of employment
• Travel negligible unless available on as needed basis.
• Shifts vary – Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled).
• Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Spanish speaking helpful but not required.
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
• Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling up to 20-30lbs; Occasional lifting/pushing/pulling up to 40-60lbs
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.