Careers « view all careers
• Oversee all aspects of administrative and management functions necessary to ensure efficient departmental operations.
• Direct supervision and management of department supervisors and staff in the following departments – Engineering, Housekeeping, Custodial, and Changeover, Parking, Safety and Security, Shipping and Receiving, and Production. To include but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline of employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Identifies and fills staffing and facility needs for daily and event operations.
• Establish and Maintain high departmental standards.
• Develop and administer departmental policies and procedures
• Train staff in established facility and companywide policies and procedures to include but not limited to; enforcing personnel rules and regulations, standards of conduct and work attendance, safe work practice enforcement, proper use of equipment and technology, required maintenance of all facilities and securing of all facilities
• Maintain positive public relations and act as liaison for the department presenting a favorable image of the department and the organization as a whole
• Design programs to increase profitability and efficiency while reducing costs and maintaining high standards of customer service.
• Site Administrator of the Maintenance Anywhere, Bigfoot CMMS. The Site Administrator will be responsible for keeping the system up to date, developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs, assign and approve/deny work order requests, follow up on the completion of assigned work orders, and any other duties in relation to fully implementing and maintaining the system
• Provide basic IT support to other employees
• Ensure compliance and provide required reporting and billing with land lease agreements, parking agreements, and other agreements as applicable to parking operations and developing contract parking agreements
• Formulates short and long range plans for departmental regulations and improvements
• Maintain the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Centers Crisis Management Policies (Fire, Flood, Natural Disasters, Civil Disturbances, etc.)
• May assist in preparation of budget as related to supervised departments.
• Review of purchase requests for in-house supplies for all facilities
• Perform various clerical tasks to include but not limited to: sort and organize files, good record keeping, daily reconciliation and verification of change fund, prepare daily activity reports on computer, inventory of assigned ticket stock, supplies, and staff leave requests.
• Is responsible for being the liaison with local, state and federal law and code enforcement officials as well as the Office of Emergency Management
• Assist with event planning efforts and coordinate with clients
• Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
• Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments.
• Ensures that operations department receives pertinent information for most effective use of the facility and staffing.
• Assures facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
• Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
• Other duties as assigned
• This position will require a considerable amount of walking, climbing, stooping and possibly heavy lifting
• The position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings
• This position may be subjected to adverse conditions, including physical contact from hostile people
• Will be required to work irregular hours; nights, weekends, and holidays as required and as demanded by events and direct supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively supervise staff
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong customer service and investigative skills
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Supervisory/Management in Security/Loss Prevention experience, related Facility Security Management background preferred
• Valid driver’s license required
• 2 or more years of college level work in business management or related field
• 3 years’ experience working in a business related field
• Experience in forecasting methods preferred
• Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facilities (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving and moderate to loud noises
• High level of skill in counting cash accurately and handling large volumes of cash
• Ability to administer and ensure compliance of contractual obligations
• Able to perform profit/loss analysis
• Being able to communicate in Spanish is beneficial
• Must be able to pass a background and credit check. Credit must be in good standing
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
TO APPLY: HRecruiter@destinationelpaso.com
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.