Careers « view all careers
Under general supervision the Full-time Labor Operations position is responsible for performing work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion for the El Paso Convention & Performing Arts Center, the El Paso Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, McKelligon Canyon Amphitheater, Plaza Theater, Abraham Chavez Theater and Cohen Stadium.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
• Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
• Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
• Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, and patching.
• Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
• Ability to use machines, supplies and equipment to clean the facility.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Work under adverse indoor/outdoor conditions including extreme heat and cold and exposure to dust, dirt and cleaning agents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set up conversion, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors and patrons.
• Follow all polices/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
• Meet the physical demand of the job, must perform strenuous physical duties at times; including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing. Must be able to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED and one to three months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to obtain certification in forklift and scissor lift operation
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. I understand that my duties are subject to change.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.