Careers « view all careers
Food & Beverage Assistant Concession Manager
Upload Application: Click here to upload your resume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the hiring and training & development of concessions staff.
• Maintaining labor controls and costs through proper scheduling
• Manages cash & cashiers as per policy.
• Supervises delivery of all food and beverages to prospective functions.
• Supervises delivery and set-up and breakdown of all equipment to prospective functions.
• Assigns Concessions workers to locations.
• Supervises the Concessions staff in the preparation and services provided by F&B.
• Supervises cleaning of all concession equipment and concession areas.
• Tabulates receipts and balances POS accounts, stand sheets and cash banks.
• Supervises and responsible for all equipment maintenance, stocking, and inventory control.
• Inventories food and beverage concession supplies on hand at the end of each day or other designated period.
• Trained as a respondent in case of emergencies.
• Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission certified.
• Management Food Handlers Certified.
• Attend in-house event-related and staff meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Supervise all hourly part time F&B Staff / and occasionally temporary employees.
• Assist in the Training of all concession and bartending staff.
• Food Handler Certified.
• TABC Certified.
• Must pass a Background check to include Credit Status.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• High school diploma or GED
• At least two (2) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to manage several direct reports.
• Considerable knowledge of cashiering practices and procedures.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and train staff to do the same.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
• Knowledge of service standards, guest relations, etiquette and customer relations.
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Able to take role of leader, and work well with people in a team environment.
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
• Able remain flexible and adjust to situation as they may occur.
• Ability to work with no supervision.
• Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Travel negligible
• Requires ability to work extended and flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours
• Banquet and event bar setting/restaurant & concessions
• Exposure to warehouse and/or kitchen environment
• During events may be exposed to moderate to extreme noise
This position requires staff member to be in and out of doors several times a day.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
Emilio Velez, HR Manager
Destination El Paso
1 Civic Center Plaza
El Paso, TX 79901
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-