Careers « view all careers
Facility Sales Assistant
Under general supervision the Facility Sales Assistant performs administrative support for Facilities Sales under the direct supervision of the Director of Event Services and Facility Sales. This position performs duties to assist the Facility Sales Department in managing accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain all files, correspondence and records in the Facility Sales & Catering Department. Types Banquet Event Orders, Proposals, and presentations.
• Provide administrative support, including but not limited to: answering phones, customer and sales support, responding to customer inquiries, data entry, collecting insurance and payments
• Generate memos, email and reports when appropriate
• Coordinate communication between various departments, schedule meetings, distribute reports and keep all parties informed of general business operations
• Update customer records, general event information, and catering information in the event software database
• Greet and direct visitors as needed
• Handle client correspondence including contracts, inquiry response, billing forms, and credit card authorizations
• If needed, conduct facility tours and answer basic questions about the venues
• Be a team member and be available and willing to lend a hand in completing projects for other departments when asked
• Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Tactfully interact with staff, clients, the general public, and the hospitality community
• Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
• Ability and flexibility to undertake and complete multiple tasks
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, computer proficiency, and ability to learn
specialized computer software as needed
• Basic knowledge of Spanish preferred
• Operate a motor vehicle
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Associates Degree and/or 2 years work experience
• Hotel or catering experience desirable
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office environment
• Requires sitting and working on the computer as well as the phone; assisting with duty manager requirements for events which would include Standing and walking
• Occasionally, bending, stooping, and lifting may be required. Position may subject to adverse conditions and irregular schedules
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor