Careers « view all careers
Reports to Production Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist and direct patrons to appropriate destinations, i.e. concessions, restrooms, etc.
• Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to their appropriate seats.
• Assist with last minute pre-event needs such set-up, decorating, finding materials, etc.
• Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, student and groups.
• Ensure safety of patrons, staff vendors, participants and others on premises.
• Assist in controlling unusual circumstances and events during fire, storm, riots and other emergencies.
• Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
• Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility, if necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
• Report to the Event Mangers any problems concerning the event.
• Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications, problem solving and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Must be 18 years or older.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to write legibly; ability to tactfully handle irate citizens; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions but may occur.
• Position does require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.