Careers « view all careers
Under general supervision from the Director of Event Services and Facility Sales, the Event Manager provides professional client service and support in the planning, organization and management of events within the venues, and monitors the logistics of these events. The Event Manager handles all tasks from the time the events are turned definite through the conclusion of the event and becomes the main means of communication between the client and the departments of El Paso Live.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures successful event coordination activities by monitoring events, maintaining close contact with clients and staff to ensure successful service level are achieved.
• Meets with client groups to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events.
• Guides clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
• Keeps clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
• Prepares costs estimates and monitors final billing.
• Provides clear, concise and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments.
• Maintains Event related reports, information and files.
• Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
• Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
• Schedule event staff for day-to-day operations and special events. Continue to adjust and update work schedules to reflect cost efficiency and building activity.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with police, fire, EMT’s and other security personnel and/or safety organizations.
• Prepare payroll, maintain records and compile reports for management on a periodic basis.
• Handle complaints, disturbances or related problems with the public, staff or clients and promoters.
• Investigate, report and provide follow-up on incidents including damage or injury to the facility or individuals.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
• Serves as manager on duty as required
Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event related services.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
• Handle conflicts make common sense decisions, and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
• Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Possess any appropriate licenses as required by the state.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
• Must be effective in both written and verbal communication.
Education And/Or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in hospitality, business or related field preferred.
• Three (3) years professional experience in event management and/or venue operations. Convention Center experience is preferred.
• Customer service experience is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move around facility. Position requires step climbing, walking, and sometimes running; may be subject to physical confrontations; indoor and outdoor working conditions; irregular hours.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. I understand that my duties are subject to change.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor