Careers « view all careers
Event Operations Manager
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and participate in all aspects of the conversion process for events. Duties may include setting-up and tearing down layouts, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
• Oversee personnel and perform various duties to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the facility are met.
• Manage proper storage and handling of event equipment and powered industrial vehicles.
• Direct and assign staff with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
• Responsible for grounds maintenance of all facilities.
• Must have the ability to read, develop, and understand layouts.
• Plan, schedule, and execute event layouts and turnovers.
• Responsible for equipment inventory control and preventative maintenance program.
• Maintain facility cleanliness prior, during, and after events. Oversee support staff for all events.
• Train new hires part-time or full-time employees and subcontracted services in the proper use of equipment.
• Must enforce all policies and procedures of the facility.
• Anticipate problems and provide appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
• Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments
• Ensures that operations department receives pertinent information for most effective use of the facility and staffing
• Assures facility readiness and smooth operation of events
• Must be able to discipline all personnel when proper procedures are not met.
• Inspect the completion of all full-time and part-time staff of their assigned tasks to guarantee all specifications are met.
• Manage part time and full time employee schedules
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including night, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Review daily assignments and special projects.
• Inspect completed work to determine that it meets acceptable requirements.
• Issue supplies and equipment. Order all necessary inventories of equipment and supplies.
• Must be able to operate a forklift and scissor-lift.
• Must be able to work on elevated areas.
• Knowledge with hanging/rigging decorations of simple and complex nature.
• Make recommendations for Capital Improvement Projects as it pertains to the long range planning of the department and facility.
• Must be able to perform other duties as assigned.
• Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carry moving and climbing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility and proper use and care of hand power tools.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong customer service skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED and three (3) to five (5) years related experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0690.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor